Clark Martin Law Firm

Houston Estate Planning Attorney

Estate Planning

Why You Need Top Estate Planning Attorney

The Martin Law Firm has been assisting families and individuals with their Houston estate planning needs for some years. Clark Martin makes a personal connection with his clients, getting to know what is best for them and their heirs. Mr. Martin assists his clients in making sure their wishes are met either through their healthcare decisions or with the distribution of their assets after their death.

The Martin Law Firm can help with your estate planning needs by drafting your will, power of attorney, or living will. Additionally, if you need to secure a guardianship over a loved one or create a special needs trust to care for an incapacitated minor, Clark Martin has the experience to guide you through the process.

Personal Injury Practice Areas

Last Will and Testament

Your will should reflect your desires as to your assets and the guardianship of your minor children. Contact The Martin Law Firm today to ensure that your wishes are carried out after your death.


Trusts can be established during a person’s lifetime or at death. Establishing a trust allows the person setting up the trust to dictate who their money will benefit and in what manner. Trusts can be set up to care for individuals with special needs or to benefit a charity.

Heirship and Administration

When someone dies in Texas, it must first be determined if their estate must be probated. Often, probate is not necessary and an attorney can help you achieve closure on the matter without a lengthy probate. If, however, probate is necessary, The Martin Law Firm can help properly probate the estate to ensure all requirements are met.

Power of Attorney Drafting

There may come a time in your life where you need someone else to have the legal ability to handle your affairs. Whether you are seriously injured in a car wreck or disabled due to a terminal illness, you may need a power of attorney to allow another to help manage your affairs and your medical care.


Minors and incapacitated adults may need the appointment of a legal guardian to manage their affairs and ensure that their needs are met. If that is the case, there is a legal process that must be satisfied for a guardian to be appointed. The Martin Law Firm is well versed in this process and can help manage your guardianship appointment.

Living Wills

Living Wills or Advanced Directives allow you to decide in advance, what type of medical care you want in the event you are incapacitated. You can direct your medical care by drafting a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) to address issues including, the use of a feeding tube, and how long you will stay on mechanical ventilation if you are unable to breathe on your own.

Get a Free Quote

Learn your legal rights during a free, no-obligation consultation. Clark Martin is here to listen and to help guide you through the legal process each step of the way.