Houston Premises Liability Law Attorney
Property owners have certain obligations to those they allow or invite onto their property. Property owners have an obligation to keep their land and buildings safe for invited guests, patron, and consumers doing business on their property. When a property owner fails to maintain the premises, and an invited guest is hurt, there may be legal grounds for a premises liability law claim.
Houston premises liability cases can include
Premises liability cases include a wide range of injuries and result from situations such as the following:
- Slipping and falling on messes, clutter, or spills that should have been cleaned
- Uneven stairs or defective railings on staircases
- Electrocution or shock caused by defective wiring
- Dog bites or maulings by dangerous dogs
- Lack of security despite repeated similar acts of violence
- Falling building materials or merchandise
- An attractive nuisance, such as an empty pool or broken down equipment
To prove a premises liability case, you must demonstrate the property owner failed to maintain the property in a safe manner; knew or should have known of the hazardous condition existing on the premises; failed to warn invited guests about the dangerous condition on the premises, and the unsafe condition on the premises caused the injury.
If you have been injured by a dangerous condition on someone else’s property or place of business, report the incident. Collect evidence of the defective condition, including photos of the scene and the names of witnesses.
Who is responsible for keeping a premises safe in Texas?
In general, a property owner or occupier has a duty to keep the premises safe. There are several parties who may be responsible for your injuries. The following are parties that may be held liable:
- Business owners
- Property management companies who manage shopping malls and strip centers
- Owners or occupiers of a piece of property
- Bar owners or operators
- Apartment Complex owners or managers
The Martin Law Firm is aggressive in fighting for your rights and compensation. Clark Martin understands property owners need to be held accountable and sometimes forced to improve their property and make it safe. If you believe you have a premises liability case, contact The Martin Law Firm, a Houston premises liability law attorney.